Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
How to show CAPTCHA on failed logins
You can configure CAPTCHA 4WP to only show login-page CAPTCHAs upon a number of unsuccessful login attempts. When this setting is enabled, CAPTCHA 4WP will keep track of the number of failed logins originating from a specific IP, then show CAPTCHAs once the configured threshold is reached.
To configure CAPTCHA to only show on failed logins:
- Click on CAPTCHA 4WP from the WordPress main menu
- Click on Settings & Placements
- Scroll down to the Do you want a CAPTCHA test on the login page only when there are failed logins?option
- Tick the Show CAPTCHA test only when there are failed logins checkbox to enable
- Enter the number of failed login attempts required to trigger CAPTCHA in the Number of failed logins required to trigger CAPTCHA tests textbox
- Enter the number of days every which the plugin should reset all failed login counters
- Scroll all the way to the end of the page and click on Save Changes