Are you a WordPress fan with editing and writing skills looking for a new challenge? We might have just the role for you!
Melapress is a remote software startup that develops several WordPress security and administration plugins. Our plugins are installed on more than 400,000 websites and help website administrators and managers improve the security of their websites and better manage them and their users.
We are currently looking for a part-time expert Technical Editor to join our team and help us grow our educational WordPress SEO content on Melapress.com and YouTube. You will be working with various authors and presenters who are all well-versed with WordPress and our products. With your help, we’ll be able to ramp up the production of written content, such as blog posts for SEO and eBooks, while supporting video production with script editing.
So, what’s in it for you? You’ll be part of a content-focused marketing team who are eager to see their work (and author profile) blossom online. You’ll get a consistent, flexible flow of work alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you’re able to oversee the production of the very best content with minimal bottlenecks.
As the Editor in charge, you will:
- Work closely with our Lead Writer (our product expert) and CEO to develop editorial and style guides for all authors.
- Working closely with the SEO specialist to set the editorial calendar for topics to be covered on the blog as well as on our YouTube channel.
- Coordinate the day-to-day production and publishing of written content, primarily SEO blog posts and knowledgebase articles, using tools like Asana to keep everything neatly organized.
- Analyse and improve our workflow for efficiency.
- Be responsible for the quality control of all published content, ensuring guidelines are adhered to and SEO opportunity is maximised.
- Coordinate the production of bigger content pieces, such as eBooks, to support our content marketing efforts.
- Regularly analyze and review content performance, to learn what works and identify content that needs to be improved, for the reader, for SEO, or both.
- Help recruit new authors when the need arises.
Working in a small but fast-growing team, other responsibilities (and development opportunities) may come along from time to time.
- At least 1-2 years experience with leading editorial teams, and 5+ years as a writer
- A deep technical understanding of WordPress and popular technologies/platforms that work on the platform
- A good level of SEO knowledge, understanding of what it takes to rank and how to optimize content
- The ability to mentor and coach our authors to get the best content quality produced.
- An 80/20 mindset: Quality is important, but so is speed!
- You’re a self-starter who can solve problems and learn new skills, and you’re comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- You’re located in Europe (CET +/- 2).
- You have writing samples of past WordPress writing which you can share with us and which are published online with your name.
- Recognized author profile in the WordPress space
- Advanced experience in Content Marketing
- Comfortable with using AI tools for research and other means as part of the editorial process.
- Competitive salary or rates
- Stable work as part of a high-performing team.