Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
How to configure different login security policies for different WordPress user roles
Once you install Melapress Login Security, you can configure and enable password and login security policies in the Site-wide policies tab. All the password and login security policies configured in this tab apply to all users, regardless of their WordPress role.
However, you can override site-wide policies for specific roles. To do so:
- Navigate to Login Security > Login Security Policies.
- Hover over the tab that has the name Administrator and choose the role.
- Uncheck the option Inherit password & login security policies.
- Configure the policies for that role in the role’s tab.
- Click Save to save the new policies.
The newly configured policies will apply to the users with that role. To force the users to change their passwords, click the Reset All Users’ Passwords button.